And the accolades just keep on rolling in! Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden has just been named International Garden of the Year for 2015.
The 2015 International Garden Tourism Awards, hosted in Toronto, recognise organisations and individuals who promote and maintain gardens as tourist attractions around the world.
This follows Kirstenbosch’s recent award of having the most beautiful object in South Africa – the Boomslang Canopy Walkway. The Garden also recently announced that it had exceeded a million visitors last year.
Here are all the award winners from the event:
- Garden of the Year Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, South Africa
- Garden Festival of the Year Hokkaido Garden Show Daisetsu and Related Garden Movement of Hokkaido, Japan
- Garden Event of the Year RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show, United Kingdom
- Flower Festival of the Year Chiang Mai Flower Festival, Thailand
- Flower Event of the Year Tapis de Fleur, Visit Brussels, Belgium
- Destination of the Year Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- New Garden Experience of the Year – The Moselle Award Dubai Miracle Garden, United Arab Emirates
- Media of the Year GardenTours.com, The Netherlands
- Person of the Year Paul Redman Executive Director, Longwood Gardens, USA
Well done to SANBI and the rest of the team behind Kirstenbosch! Read more about the award here.