Who doesn’t love a groovy market on the weekend? Us Capetonians are spoilt for choice when it comes to food, gadgets and goodies all packed into gorgeous spaces. Here are four markets we’ve tried, tested, and tasted, of course. Cape Town Etc approved!
1. The Bay Harbour Market:
Considered Cape Town’s most vibrant market. Good food, quality arts and crafts, and live music make this market a must-try.
- Location: 31 Harbour Road, Hout Bay, Cape Town, South Africa
- Time: Fridays 5pm – 9pm, Saturdays & Sundays from 9.30am – 4pm
2. Century City Market:
A rare gem in the Mother City that locals seem to adore. The Century City Night Market is the perfect place to enjoy good food and music.
- Location: The Square, Century City, Cape Town
- Time: The second Friday of the month, 4pm to 9pm.
3. Route 44 Market:
Surrounded by beautiful vineyards, experience one of Cape Town’s most popular markets. From food to jewelry, this market has it all.
- Location: Corner R44 and Annandale Road, Stellenbosch
- Time: Saturdays and Sundays, 10am to 4pm
4. Earth Fair Market:
If you’re looking for fresh, organic produce from locally sourced vendors, delicious food and quality arts and crafts, then the Earth Fair Food Market in Tokai should be at the top of your list.
- Location: South Palms Centre, 333 Main Rd, Tokai
- Time: Wednesday: 4 pm to 9 pm │Friday: 4 pm to 10 pm │Saturday: 9 am to 3 pm
Picture: Cape Town ETC Gallery