In celebration of Tourism Month as well as Heritage Day, CapeNature will be offering free entry to 22 Nature Reserves during the 7th annual access week.
Access week is from September 13 – 20, 2021. A day out in nature to admire the views of a breathtaking natural environment and so that the kids can burn out some of their energy, is definitely one to not be missed.
Here are the following reserves across the Western Cape that will be open during access week:
- Groot Winterhoek
- Bird Island
- Hottentots Holland
- Assegaaibosch (picnic only)
- Stony Point
- De Mond
- De Hoop
- Walker Bay
- Keurbooms River
The following terms and conditions apply:
- The conservation fee will be waived for visitors to any CapeNature reserve that is open to the public between 13 and 20 September 2021.
- Free access will not apply when booking through the call centre or when making an online booking. This offer excludes accommodation bookings (normal rates and access fees apply with any accommodation booking).
- Free access will pertain to general access (conservation fee) and hiking, mountain biking and other day activities allowed. The waiver will NOT apply to the Whale Trail select landowners, partners, or concessions (including canopy tours, bouldering, horse riding etc.).
- Zero-rated permits will be given to everyone accessing the reserve during this time, as per usual standard procedure to ensure that all access numbers and activity numbers are recorded.
Fall in love with nature and your natural heritage this Tourism Month! Remember to tag CapeNature on social media during your visit using the hashtags #LoveNature #AccessWeek and #TourismMonth.