The foodie scene in the Mother City is both a blessing and a curse. Blessed with mouth-watering gourmet dishes served by some of the best chefs in South Africa with local flavours that range from braai to Cape Malay. Cursed with the idea that there’s simply too many options to choose from.
After a lip-smacking lunch or dinner sampling Cape Town’s finest cuisines, ending a meal with something sweet might even be considered mandatory, according to the foodies.
And while Cape Town is bursting with an endless list of world-class restaurants, it’s the dessert scene that really has our sweet tooth tingling.
Here are five dessert spots that’s sure to have your sweet tooth satisfied in no time:
- Location: Inside BOA Beauty Bar CBD, 16 Bree Street, City Centre
- Operating hours: Monday to Friday 7am to 4pm | Saturday 7am to 1pm
- Contact: 076 529 9657
- Location: 165 Longmarket Street, City Centre
- Operating hours: Tuesday to Saturday 9am to 5pm
- Contact: 066 019 4656
- Location: SHOGF007, Old Cape Quarter, 72 Waterkant Street, Green Point
- Operating hours: Monday to Friday 7.30am to 5.30pm | Saturday 8am to 4pm
- Contact: 068 035 5552
- Location: 38 Lower Rochester Road, Observatory
- Operating hours: Monday to Friday 7am to 4pm | Saturday 8am to 2pm
- Contact: 021 447 2532
- Location: 64A Wale Street, City Centre
- Operating hours: Monday to Thursday 9am to 6pm | Friday to Saturday 9am to 9pm | Sunday 9am to 5pm
- Contact: 076 765 8306
Picture: Café Chiffon / Facebook