When you think of Easter, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? For many around the world, it’ll be chocolate eggs. But for South Africans, hot cross buns are a celebrated tradition. Sweet and spicy, dotted with raisins or chocolate, they are difficult not to love.
Is it even April if we’re not tucking into these spicy baked treats?
So, why not combine Cape Town’s favourite April snack with its favourite pastime —or pastwine, we should say. D’Aria Winery is offering wine and hot cross bun lovers the chance to enjoy a delicious and unique experience thanks to its hot cross bun and wine pairing offering.
If you’re hopping with joy at the thought of this delicious pairing, here’s what you’ll receive:
- D’Aria Sauvignon Blanc paired with a Cape Malay pickled fish mini hot cross bun.
- D’Aria Blush paired with brie cheese & onion marmalade mini hot cross bun.
- ️D’Aria SV Shiraz paired with a marshmallow chocolate butter mini hot cross bun
The offering is available from Saturday to Sunday, making it the perfect way to spice up your weekends.
- Saturday: 10am – 5pm
- Sunday: 11am – 5pm
This scrumptious pairing is available for only R75 per person and is subject to availability — no bookings. Make sure you head to D’Aria this weekend for an incredible experience.
- Location: D’Aria Estate,Tygerberg Valley Road, Durbanville
- Website: www.dariawinery.co.za
Picture: D’Aria / Instagram