Who doesn’t love walking down Kloof Street and enjoying the sights and smells of those elegant restaurants? It’s a bustling street that everyone seems to love, and it seems to be catching on as this Cape Town street has recently been voted the “coolest on the planet.”
While we know why we love meandering along Kloof Street, why has it been voted the coolest street?
According to Time Out, Kloof Street is incredibly versatile with brunch spots and restaurants for dinner all available in one street. However, they’ve listed five amazing reasons why you should add Kloof Street to your weekend itinerary:
- Restaurants that are perfect for date nights are considered one of the major draw cards.
- This “cool street” has been applauded for its versatility, especially since it’s the perfect spot for locals and tourists.
- Kloof Street has some of the best views of Table Mountain and the rest of Cape Town – who doesn’t love that?
- This bustling street is also home to galleries and fashion boutiques which has allowed it to score some big points.
- Kloof is also amazing if you’re looking to keep your health in check, thanks to its famous Wellness Centre. It also has breathtaking hotels.
Kloof Street was ranked 26th on the list of the world’s “coolest streets” and finds itself amongst some big players. Here are the top 10:
- Rue Wellington, Montreal (Canada)
- Gertrude Street, Melbourne (Australia)
- Great Western Road, Glasgow (Scotland)
- Yongkang Street, Taipei (Taiwan)
- Værnedamsvej, Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Karangahape Road, Auckland (New Zealand)
- Tai Ping Shan Street, Hong Kong City (Hong Kong)
- Yaowarat Road, Bangkok (Thailand)
- Oranienstrasse, Berlin (Germany)
- Hayes Street, San Francisco (USA)