Cape Town is more than just an alluring urban jungle packed with architecture and overcrowded highways.
One of the world’s most beautiful cities is also home to the most majestic nature trails and coves of beauty; and if you’re a lover of the latter, then you could reside at the monumental Blackwood Manor.
Located in the Constantia Nek region of Hout Bay, surrounded by nothing but lush greenery and scenic views, Blackwood Manor is more than just a home. “It’s a living work of art,” Rawson Auctions Tanya Jovanovski tells Property24. At a selling price of R65-million, it is one of a kind.
Some of the house features include:
- Five different levels with hand-selected tree trunks used as support pillars throughout the house
- Massive lounge with hand-carved white sandstone walls and a double-volume, beamed ceiling
- 2 500 litre tropical fish tank serves as a room divider.
- Indoor and outdoor dining areas
- Koi pond
- Games room and TV room
- Gymnasium fitted with sauna and steam room
- Subterranean wine cellar
- Outside jacuzzi
- L-shaped pool with accompanying decks, a long waterslide, swinging ropes, monkey bars, polo nets, balancing beams and ladders
- 5 spacious bedrooms with lavish en-suite bathrooms, with private balconies, and walkways with spectacular views into Orange Nature Reserve
Cementing itself as one of “South Africa’s most sought-after properties”, Jovanovski adds that words will not, in any way, justify the property as Blackwood Manor’s beauty needs to be witnessed instead.
The forest home’s auction date is scheduled for March 28, 2018 at 12pm.