As locals, we have a front row seat to the Mother City’s beauty – a glorious reminder that we live in one of the most stunning cities in the world. And while screaming Cape Town’s name from the rooftop seems like a good idea, let’s take it one step further by voting for our city, which will also help boost the tourism and hospitality sector.
Cape Town is once again up for some big awards, including the World’s Leading Festival & Event Destination 2021, a title it currently holds.
“The tourism sector is a key pillar of the local economy and we can help Cape Town remain front of mind for local and international visitors by winning these awards.
“It will reaffirm the appeal of Cape Town as a popular tourism destination and greatly assist in bringing back visitors. It’s time to vote for Cape Town,” Executive Mayor Dan Plato expressed.
Additional Cape Town nominees in the 2021 World category are:
- Cape Town International Airport is once again up for World’s Leading Airline 2021
- Table Mountain for World’s Leading Tourist Attraction
- Cape Town as World’s Leading City Break Destination as well as World’s Leading City Destination
- The Twelve Apostles Hotel for World’s Leading Luxury Hotel
- Villa Two at Ellerman House in Bantry Bay for World’s Leading Luxury Hotel Villa
- Lawhill Luxury Apartments at the V&A Waterfront for World’s Leading Serviced Apartments
- Go2Africa in the Cape Town CBD for World’s Leading Luxury Tour Operator
In other categories:
- Babylonstoren Hotel in Franschhoek for World’s Leading Resort Sensory Garden
- World’s leading low-cost airline cabin crew – Kulula and Mango
- South Africa as World’s Leading Destination
- South Africa is up for World’s Leading Safari Destination
To cast your vote, please visit: https://www.worldtravelawards.com/vote.
Cape Town International Airport is also up for Africa’s Leading Airport, while Table Mountain, Robben Island and the V&A Waterfront are in the running for Africa’s Leading Tourist Attraction.
Picture: D_Van_Rensburg / Pixabay