Didn’t get a chance to snatch some tickets for this weekend’s rugby game? Head on down to one of these amazing bars and restaurants that will be hosting the 2022 Rugby World Cup Sevens over the weekend.
From pubs to popular restaurants, get ready to enjoy burgers, beer and ball while surrounded by all the gees.
Hudsons burger joint
Hudsons Green Point is the spot to feed both your tummy and rugby spirit this weekend. Plus, it’s so close to the stadium, you’ll catch the vibes. Famous for its insane burgers and craft beers, it is the perfect stop for family and friends. In the mood for other tasty options? They’ve got pizza and loaded fries, and to wash it all down – the most gorgeous looking milkshakes and cotton candy cocktails just for you.
- Location: 1A, Portside mall, Main Rd, Green Point.
- Bookings: 021 433 1496
Tigers Milk has all your favourite classic feel-good meals. The menu is simple but yum with pizza, grills and burgers – chow of champions. The vibe is rustic and the atmosphere is always welcoming. When watching rugby you’re sure to feel the warm embrace of your fellow supporters. If you’re down for some music, good food and some sports spirit this is the place to visit.
- Location: various stores and locations so look for your nearest one here.
- Drink special: 2x double coke and Klipdrift for R70
Jerrys Burger Bar
Jerry’s burger bar is all about, well, burgers. There are a variety of juicy burgers filled with all sorts of stuffings and, of course, toppings to complete your burger dreams. With live sports always playing and craft beers always flowing, this location is fit to boost that rugby spirit within.
- Observatory: 123 Lower Main Rd, Observatory
- Heritage Square: Heritage Square, 98 Shortmarket St
- Blouberg: 1st Floor, Portico Building, 1 Athens Rd
- Willobridge: SHOP G82, Willowbridge Centre, 39 Carl Cronje Dr
The Dubliner at Kennedys
If you’re in the mood for a more classic pub and grub vibe, head on over to the Dubliner. This Irish-inspired pub is both on the traditional and modern side and is home to some ice-cold beers on tap, tasty food and live music. If you fancy a traditional pub rugby experience, this is the place for you.
- Location: 251 Long Street
- Contact: 021 423 0910
The Fireman’s Arms
Speaking of tradition, The Fireman’s Arms is one of Cape Town’s oldest bars, dating back to 1864. The bar is engulfed in all sorts of sports-themed flags and has multiple screens for the ultimate viewing experience. With its traditional British feel and sports-themed pub, you’re welcomed by the sportsmen’s excitement you feel before a game. The Fireman’s Arms serves delicious pub grub-inspired food coupled with some awesome drinks specials.
- Location: 25 Buitengracht St &, Mechau St, De Waterkant
- 5 Legendary sports pubs to watch the rugby final
- 3 places to grab a burger within walking distance of the DHL stadium
- 6 spots in Cape Town to watch sport, sink a beer and feel the vibes!
- After graft draughts and a burger too? Here are 3 stellar spots in Cape Town
- 5 Northern Suburbs bars to visit for that rugby ‘gees’ on Saturday
Picture: Jerrys Burger Bar / Instagram