With the festive season and summer in full swing, both locals and visitors will be able to appreciate everything the Mother City has to offer. From relaxing at the beach to wine tastings on numerous wine farms or taking a trip up Table Mountain, our city has it all.
Holidaymakers who are on a tight schedule or looking to beat the heat this summer can now take advantage of the company’s new Fast Track option. Visitors are welcome to book online or at the ticket office and pay R600 per round trip in the off-season and at R800 during peak season from December 16 2021 to January 5 2022.
At the station below, Vida e Caffè offers a delicious heartwarming coffee for those in need of a pick-me-up before an early morning trip. Visitors are also welcome to grab some scrumptious lunch from the café on top of the mountain. The café has a variety of tasty drinks, meals and pastries that are simply to die for and can accommodate most dietary requirements.
In case you have left it too late, the gift shop offers last-minute shoppers the chance to pick up locally crafted items for Christmas, or to take home something proudly South African as a souvenir.
The following tips will assist visitors in making the most of their Table Mountain cableway visit during the holiday season:
- TMACC has developed comprehensive protocols for the operation of the Cableway in the time of the COVID-19 pandemic. As such, all visitors will be required to sanitise their hands when entering the premises and will be required to re-sanitise their hands-on entry to the cable car. All visitors are also required by law to wear facemasks.
- During peak season, parking is in short supply, so visitors are encouraged to take public transportation. This includes a free MyCiTi shuttle service that operates from Lower Tafelberg Road to the lower cable station.
- Online ticket purchases are available via Webtickets, making the process of getting your tickets even more convenient.
- As the Cableway is generally quieter in the afternoon, visitors are encouraged to buy an afternoon ticket, which is valid from 1pm onwards, online. A late afternoon ticket also means a likely glimpse of the sun setting over the Mother City.
- Visitors can share their experiences with friends and family through free Wi-Fi in the Wi-Fi lounge at the Top station on the mountain.
- South African senior citizens over the age of 60 qualify for discounted rates on return tickets seven days a week, upon producing a valid South African ID.
- Students with valid local or international student cards get a discount.
For any further details regarding activities or weather on the mountain, please visit their website https://tablemountain.net/.