A team of big-hearted animal lovers are organising a run/walkathon fundraiser at the Rondebosch Common on October 16 from 8am for the Mdzananda Animal Clinic and Shelter in Khayelitsha.
The aim is to raise money to renovate the cat ward at Mdzananda and in order to do so, they need to raise R22 000.
The earliest slot at 8am will be for parents and kids, as well as people with dogs, with later slots for others.
This is how you can participate and make a difference:
- Sign up to run or walk as many kilometres as you can.
- Get at least two sponsors to sign up for an amount per kilometre. You CAN sponsor yourself.
- Sponsors will be asked to sign up.
- On the day, you may choose to run/walk around the Rondebosch Common (which is approximately 2.4kms), or, if you have a pedometer, run/walk in the surrounding suburbs, starting and ending at the Common. However, you can also run/walk elsewhere, again using a pedometer to indicate your distance and sending a photo to the organising team as proof.
- Share your calculated distance with the organising team.
- Claim the donations from your sponsors and send them to the shelter.
Only those who choose to start and end their run/walk route at the Common will be eligible for the grand prize.
What makes it more exciting is that there it a fantastic fundraiser prize up for grabs! The person who raises the most money for Mdzananda will win two-night stay at the unique and stunning Pringle Bay Train, valued at R3 000!
It has four rooms, a hot tub, and boasts a stunning location. You can choose any two nights between 12 Jan and 1 April 2022!
Spot prizes: We will be giving out other prizes on the day, but you’ll have to wait and see!
Sign up now using this form – and don’t forget to diarise October 16 right away!
The organising team thanks you in advance for your support! If you aren’t able to join but would like to make a donation, please do so on the Mdzananda page, and use the reference ‘cat ward’.
Here’s how to get in contact with the organising team:
- Grace 064 518 6503
- Hayley 073 213 3794
- Claire 082 470 1187
If you don’t want to run or walk but would like to volunteer, please whatsapp Grace to get involved!