The Table Mountain Aerial Cableway Company has been providing visitors with a world-class experience since October 4, 1929. The company operates in a National Park and World Heritage Site.
The cableway is now 91 years old and has been upgraded three times – in 1958, 1974, and, more recently, in 1997, when the cars with revolving floors, called Rotairs, were introduced.
The mountain’s magnetism has a way of drawing people in, compelling them to reach the summit. But getting to the top was not always the effortless trip it is today.
Table Mountain is proud to be one of the official New7Wonders of Nature and the only one to be located in an urban area, making it highly accessible. Competing against major international attractions, Table Mountain made it to the top seven after a campaign that attracted more than 100-million global votes.
Awards the Cableway have achieved over the past few years include
– TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence 2014
– Level 1 B-BBEE rating
– SANParks Cape Regional Achievement – Business Partner of the Year
– Imvelo Award for Responsible Tourism – Best single resource management: Waste management (finalist)
– Lilizela Tourism Award 2015 – Visitor Experience of the Year (provincial winner)
– Cheapflights Travel Award 2016 – Best South African Attraction
– African Responsible Tourism Award 2019 – Best Resources Management
– Africa & Indian Ocean World Travel Award 2019 – Africa’s Leading Attraction
Two lucky readers will each win double tickets to the Table Mountain Cableway.
How to enter:
Fill out the form below and answer this easy question: How old is the Cableway and when did it receive its first upgrade?
Competition Ts & Cs:
– The winner will be chosen on Tuesday, March 16
– Winner will be contacted via details entered on the form
– Winners are required to claim their prize within one week or another winner will be drawn
– Tickets will be valid for one month and are not refundable or exchangeable.
– Tickets will not be re-issued should the winner not make use of them in the month validity period.
– Prizes are not refundable and cannot be exchanged for money
*The entry form is space sensitive, please make sure there is no space after your email address*
*Once you have correctly filled in your details and submitted, the entry form will disappear. This means your entry has been received.*