Stellenbosch invites you to Garden Town 2022: an art, food and outdoor extravaganza!
The idyllic town is all set for a 10-day event that will cater to diverse interests. Garden Town 2022 will take place from 20 to 30 October and this spectacular event will showcase the region’s best food, wine, art and outdoor activities.
Witness Stellenbosch’s oak-lined avenues decorated with colourful flowers, upcycled bouquets and installations.
The event has been organised by the town’s tourism stakeholders and will feature well-known botanical gardens, museums and other locations. These include the Dylan Lewis Sculpture Garden, Rupert Museum, Quoin Rock, Ernst van Jaarsveld, Lanzerac and Babylonstoren.
Also read: 50 Things to do in Cape Town With Kids in 2022
Garden Town 2022 has arranged a selection of activities. Expect horticultural tours, floral art, hikes and demonstrations by garden specialists.
Learn about DIY vegetable gardening, wreath making, floral designing and much more.
Garden Town 2022 will be launched with a grand flower parade. The parade will kick off at 6 pm on 20 October. Don a flower crown and join the procession – everyone is invited.
A Garden Soiree will follow the parade. This will be a floral rendition of the town’s summer wine-tasting pop-ups. This takes place from 7 pm to 9 pm at the recently landscaped Voorgelegen gardens.
The programme is packed with workshops, talks and tours. The schedule includes but is not limited to:
Richard Williams’s Chrysanthemum workshop
- Date: 22 October
- Time: 10 am to 12 pm
- Location: Pniël Museum and Tea Garden | River Street, Pniël
- Book now: Chrysanthemum workshop
Samantha Dormehl’s plant-based cooking workshop
- Date: 22, 23, 29 and 30 October
- Time: 11 am to 1 pm
- Location: Volksrust Farm | Rustenberg Road, Ida’s Valley
- Book now: Plant-based cooking workshop
Natasha Lyon’s honey sensory analysis and honey tasting experience
- Date: 20 October
- Time: 6:30 pm to 10 pm
- Location: Rupert Museum | Stellentia Road
- Book now: Honey-tasting workshop
Dr Caren Hauptfleisch’s presentation about herbs and their uses
- Date: 26 October
- Time: 2 pm to 4 pm
- Location: Stellenbosch Museum – Grosvenor House Garden | 12 Drostdy Street.
- Book now: Herbal talk
To view the full list of activities and their relevant details: Garden Town 2022 programme.
This year’s Garden Town Stellenbosch collaborates with KAMERS/Makers. KAMERS will be hosted at Blaauwklippen Wine Estate from 25 to 30 October.
The following offer is available:
- A combo ticket that provides entrance to KAMERS and the home gardens.
- Purchase the combo ticket here.
Garden Town details:
- Date: 20 to 30 October 2022
- Contact: 021 886 4310 | www.gardentown.visitstellenbosch.org
- Tickets for the events: Garden Town directory