Missed the dusting of snow on the mountains? Don’t fret; Snow World at Waterworld Strand has got you covered. Come join all the great undercover fun that’s suitable for the whole family.
What to expect:
Snow World is a snow park and entertainment activation offering unique combinations of snow and ice activities for all ages. Before setting up shop at Waterworld in Strand, they’ve also done activations in shopping centres, at shows and different unique venues. Families can expect the following fun activities:
- Solid ice toboggan slides at various heights and styles. A circular downward spiral, radical rollercoaster and a mini slide for toddlers will keep the kids busy for hours.
- Snow ramps in which kids can whizz down on tubes.
- A Snow Play Area where youngsters can have an amazing ‘touch and feel’ experience and play with snow, build a snowman, make snow angels and dig around with buckets and spades.
- Snow World also showcases several very realistic animals that lived during the prehistoric ice age. These life size animals are set in simulations of their natural environment and habitat of their time, with realistic sound and movement.
All the icy details:
Snow World is open at Waterworld in Strand from 16 June 2022 to 14 August 2022.
Play sessions are 45 minutes each and sold on the hour. Ticket prices are:
- R40 for non-riders (adults accompanying children)
- R50 for a toddler pass, age three to four (includes toddler slide and snow play area)
- R120 for one session, age five and up
- R180 for two sessions, age five and up
Kids under three years enter free.
Tickets are availabe online and at the gates; booking online is recommended as a limited number of tickets are sold per session.
- Location: Waterworld Strand, opposite 195 Beach Rd, Strand, Cape Town, 7140
- Website: snowworld.co.za