Sentinel Ocean Alliance invites you to kickstart World Ocean Week this Sunday, June 6, with some gorgeous activities with our beautiful oceans in mind. From yoga to hiking up Chapman’s Peak or surfing for the waves that carry you, the day’s activities sound more like an adventure or holiday than a fundraiser. Donate what you can and then simply embrace the day’s plans. Let the ocean know you love her.
After all, she is easily one of the most important eco-systems in a Capetonian’s orbit. SOA expresses that they would love as many ocean lovers and locals to join them as possible.
The Parley AIR station on Hout Bay Beach will serve as the setting for the day’s activities, which sound more like a vacation than a fundraiser.
- 8 AM – Yoga For The Oceans! Yoga and mindfulness breathing session outside the Parley AIR container at SOA.
- 9 AM – Hike For The Oceans! Join them for an easy hike from their site on the beach up to East Fort in Hout Bay.
- 11 AM – Paddle For The Oceans! Bring your SUP’s, surfboards, paddleboards, bodyboards and join them for a big paddle out to celebrate our beautiful ocean!
Take in the exquisite views and enjoy the beautiful Hout Bay Beach all in the breath of a Sunday morning.
To register, hop on over to the link below
or pop onto their social spaces to see more
Bring your own yoga mat/towel, a bottle of water and snacks for the hike.
If you don’t feel like exercising, you’re welcome to do a brisk walk and beach cleanup on Hout Bay beach. They will be providing Parley bags at Sentinel Cafe to collect rubbish from the beach. Coffee and pastries can be purchased at Sentinel Cafe.
There will also be the Fat Olive food truck at the event serving up delicious wraps, smoothies, juices and salads for sale.
In terms of donations, the choice is yours. You can choose between SOA’s Ocean School, Cleanups and/or their partner organization’s efforts, Litterboom.
You can mosy on over to the fundraising page here.
Fundraise for the Ocean is an incredible initiative that raises awareness for the work that the Parley Global Network does.
How can you get involved in helping the oceans beyond ‘Hike for the Oceans’?
1. Create a Team and host any fundraising event in support of Parley South Africa. Celebrate the ocean and raise awareness by hiking, running, cycling, surfing, skating or walking for the oceans. Set a fundraising goal and rally the troops!
2. Donate when you’re able to
You can find more info over here.