Have some left over buns from all the Easter treating? Create these delectable Hot Cross Bun rusks to enjoy with a hot cuppa.
Hot Cross Bun Rusks:
- Makes: 24
- Cooking time: 2-3 hours 20 min
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 8 hot cross buns
- 100 g butter, melted
- Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 140°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and place a wire rack on top.
- Sprinkle the sugar on a plate.
- Cut each hot cross bun into 3 fingers. Brush each finger with melted butter and gently roll in the sugar to coat.
- Arrange the fingers on the wire rack. Bake for 2–3 hours, until dried out.
- Remove and leave to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe: Juleta Hirner
Styling: Andrea Kühn
Picture: Kendall-Leigh Nash