If you’ve found yourself roaming around in the bustling CBD in the last three months, you may have noticed something strange happening at ARCADE in Bree Street where Cape Town’s nightlife usually thrives.
It’s been unusually quiet as one of the hottest clubs on the block has been closed. A strange sight compared with the weekly chaos that ensues behind their doors. But for the past three months, instead of the sounds of pumping music and great memories, the only sounds being heard were that of drills and hammers. ARCADE is almost done being renovated.
Sure, they’ve done some touch-ups since their humble beginnings in 2015; but never a renovation quite like this. Not only have they bashed down walls, re-plastered, reorientated, and revived; they’ve revamped their internal affairs as well.
ARCADE will be coming back bigger and hotter than ever tonight, 27 August 2022.
Here’s what their revamp has in store for us:
- Tables are now for sitting as much as they’re for dancing on.
- Wednesday’s evening drinks are as likely as Saturdays.
- The lime wedge in your drink is no longer where their food offering ends, thanks to their elevated bar-snack menu designed by none other than their head chef.
- Their extensive list of cocktails leaves nothing to be desired, only returned for.
- Their doormen will be welcoming ladies over 23 and gents over 25.
- Bottle service, Hip-Hop, R&B, House? Still there after-hours on First Thursdays, public holidays, and weekends (of course).
Keep an eye on their socials for any further updates, and check out the new branding coming in.
- Reopening: 27 August 2022
- Location: 152 Bree Street
- Socials: @arcade_ct – Instagram, ARCADE cafe – Facebook
Picture: Arcade cafe / Facebook