The Jazz & Classical Encounters Festival will be featuring some of the best South African jazz and classical artists in a new feast of contemporary music, takes place on Saturday, 26 November 2022.
The one-day festival will take place at the Spier Wine Farm Amphitheatre in Stellenbosch. It will surely conquer your soul with a mix of jazz and classical music for eight hours. This 4th edition will present some of the most exciting talents from the South African Jazz and Classical scene.
It’s the perfect occasion to welcome all art lovers in one splendid location to celebrate SA’s talents. From multiple South African Music Awards (SAMA) Nominee and winner for Best Contemporary Jazz Album at this year’s Mzantsi Jazz Awards to young musicians; one of the most influential drummers on SA’s Jazz scene and one of the most inspiring veterans of the SA Jazz scene, to name a few.
The performance line-up:
- Sibusiso Mashiloane Sextet – 12.30 pm
- The Kirby Ensemble – 2.15pm
- Ayanda Sikade Quartet – 4 to 5 pm
- Khanyisile Mthetwa and Peter Cartwright – 5.45pm
- Herbie Tsoaeli Quintet – 7.30pm
- Location: Annandale Road, Stellenbosch
- Venue: Spier Wine Farm Amphitheatre
- Date: Saturday, 26 November 2022
- Time: 11:30am to 9pm
- Cost: R475 (book tickets via Quicket)