When the winter sun is out, jump at the opportunity to enjoy all the outdoor excitement Cape Town has to offer. The school holidays are approaching fast and the little ones will appreciate these action-packed activities outside:
Putt-Putt on the Sea Point Promenade
The fresh breeze of the ocean mixed with your little one’s competitive spirit is sure to put a smile on their face. This popular spot is nestled along Sea Point Promenade and is an awesome way to get the whole family involved.
- R40 per player (one game)
- R80 per player (three games)
- R320 per family ticket (10 games)
- Location: Beach Rd, Sea Point, Cape Town, 8005
- Website: puttputtcapetown.co.za
Practice your flips and tricks at Constantia Uitsig’s Bike Park
Bike Park at Constantia Uitsig offers extreme fun for the kids that’s bound to work off some excess energy, and is also great weekend fun. Watch as your little Evel Knievel bikes over bridges, ramps and the expansive dirt paths that this bike park has to offer. There are some kid-friendly pump tracks that are also perfect for beginners with a few exciting drop-offs thrown into the mix.
- Cost: R50 for one hour permit
- Location: ERF3347 Spaanschemat River Rd, Porter Reform Estate, Cape Town, 7806
- Website: bikeparkatuitsig.co.za
Sandboarding Cape Town is sure to give your kids a rush of adrenaline like they’ve never had before. Fun in the sun and a completely unique experience is what you’ll find here.
You can choose from classic sandboarding, 4×4 sandboarding, and quad biking. Equipment is included in the price and training is provided too. Your kids will be boarding down the dunes in no time.
- Cost: From R600 per person
- Location: Klein Dassenberg Rd, Atlantis, Cape Town, 0083
- Website: sandboardingcapetown.com
Rent a bike and enjoy the beautiful views at Seapoint promenade in a new way. Up Cycles have taken the classic walk along along the promenade and turned it into something different. There’s nothing like the childhood memory of riding your bike in the summer.
- R90 for one hour
- R130 for two hours
- R180 for three hours
- R260 for half day
- R330 for full day until sunset
- Location: 0 Beach Rd, Sea Point, Cape Town, 8001
- Website: upcycles.co.za
Practice your aim with Laser Tag
Not all of us enjoy getting battered and bruised by paintball bullets, but we do like the idea of running around with guns play-shooting at each other. So why not try laser tag? This is a great activity for the whole family; the little ones will love all the action and will not go home covered in bruises.
S.W.A.T Laser Tag has three sites in the Mother City that offer breathtaking backgrounds for games: from the majestic Blue Gum and giant Pine forests of the Tokai region, to the airy Poplar forests of Somerset West, the inspiring wise old Oaks of the Southern Suburbs and the fascinating sights and sounds of the West Coast fynbos.
S.W.A.T Laser Tag can also bring the action to you; due to the simplicity and portability of their laser tag equipment, they can also run laser tag events anywhere indoors or outdoors.
- Somerset West Location: Helderberg Farm, Klein Helderberg Road, Somerset West, 7130
- Melkbos Location: R27 Highway, Melkbosstrand, Cape Town, 7441
- Wynberg Location: Cnr of Trovato Link, Klaasens Rd, Wynberg, Cape Town, 8001
- Website: swatlasertag.co.za
- Cost: From R180 per player, depending on location