Be whisked off to a secret location for a posh picnic and a night of style, elegance and sophistication at the Dîner en Blanc, or the White Dinner.
Gathering at an undisclosed location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with friends somewhere in the city is the key principle behind this delightful event. Le Dîner en Blanc promotes friendship, elegance and gallantry. During the evening, guests take part in the unexpected to enhance one of their city’s signature public spaces.
Watch this video to get a feel for what the event is about:
More than 100,000 foodies and cultural enthusiasts the world over have enjoyed this unique event. François Pasquier and friends founded this très chic picnic pop-up feast in Paris over 25 years ago. Dîner en Blanc Paris now attracts nearly 15,000 people each year. More than 60 cities in over 25 countries now host this truly international event.
How to be invited
Tickets are sold in pairs during three phases. Phase 1 is through invitations via the hosts’ network or participating partners. Phase 2 is where invited registered guests from phase 1 invite a friend. Phase 3 opens up to the public who register online by 13 November to get dibs at the tickets.
Key rules to maintain tradition
- – To participate, you must be must be invited via the hosts’ network or participating partners, or get your names on the waiting list by 13 November 2015
- – Once confirmed, your participation becomes obligatory, regardless of weather
- – The dress code is elegant, stylish, tasteful, original and only white
- – Meet at an assigned departure point where you will be escorted to the location to ensure that it remains secret
- – Leave with all your belongings, leftovers and litter
What to bring
- – A table, two white chairs and a white tablecloth
- – Picnic food, alternatively pre-order food during the initial ticket registration, and collect upon arrival
- – A picnic basket with proper stemware and white dinnerware
- – Wine and/or bubbly, alternatively pre-order order online and collect upon arrival (beer and hard liquor are prohibited)
For full details on the rules and regulations, please visit the official website.