I don’t think it’s good to brag, but when eight of the Top 10 best restaurants in South Africa are based right here in the Cape Town area, it’s hard not to.
The 2015 Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant Awards took place over the weekend, and The Test Kitchen in Woodstock claimed the top spot as the best restaurant in the country for the fourth year running. This really comes as no surprise, considering The Test Kitchen was named 28th best restaurant in the world by San Pellegrino earlier this year.
Here is the rest of the Top 10:
4. Greenhouse at the Cellars-Hohenort Hotel in Constantia
5. Five Hundred at the Saxon Hotel in Johannesburg
6. The Restaurant at Waterkloof in Somerset West
7. Restaurant Mosaic at The Orient in Pretoria
8. Terroir in Stellenbosch
9. The Pot Luck Club in Woodstock
10. Jordan Restaurant in Stellenbosch
Congrats to all the winners, and a round of applause especially to the Cape Town restaurants for claiming the top honours.
Photography courtesy The Test Kitchen