Prince Harry (33) and Meghan Markle (36) have officially announced their engagement. In a post on twitter, the Kensington Palace account said in a statement:
“His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince Harry to Ms. Meghan Markle. The wedding will take place in Spring 2018. Further details about the wedding day will be announced tin due course.
“His Royal Highness and Ms. Markle became engaged in London earlier this month. Prince Harry has informed her Majesty the Queen and other close members of his family. Prince Harry has also sought and received the blessing of Ms. Markle’s parents
“The couple will live in Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace.”
The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince Harry to Ms. Meghan Markle. pic.twitter.com/zdaHR4mcY6
— Clarence House (@ClarenceHouse) November 27, 2017
In a joint statement, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge said: ‘We are very excited for Harry and Meghan. It has been wonderful getting to know Meghan and to see how happy she and Harry are together’.
CONGRATS to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on their engagement ??❤️ Bring on the wedding! pic.twitter.com/PXdhY71Rgd
— Missguided (@Missguided) November 27, 2017
I would like to offer my very warmest congratulations to HRH Prince Harry and Meghan Markle upon their engagement.
This is a time of huge celebration for two people in love and, on behalf of myself, the Government and the country, I wish them great happiness for the future. https://t.co/Sfx76X98BW
— Theresa May (@theresa_may) November 27, 2017
— Mindful Everyday (@MindfulEvery) November 27, 2017