In the spirit of Ubuntu, South Africans have done it again, now making possible the dream wedding of Joseph Kagiso Ndlovu and Prudence.
Joseph participated in the Comrades Marathon this past weekend and went viral on social media when he was almost at the finish line he pulled out a sign “ Prudence, will you marry me? Run 90k for you.”
— The Legal SA (@TheLegalSA) August 30, 2022
According to the article by TimesLive journalist, Nivashni Nair. Joseph Ndlovu said it was the 10th anniversary of his wife’s death on the same day.
“Prudence and I have been dating for four months. We met at church. Sunday was the 10th anniversary of my wife’s death. I believed it was time for me to move on, therefore I proposed to Prudence,” he said.
The story has touched many South Africans on social media who are contributing to making the dream wedding possible. In an interview with the radio station, Jacaranda FM breakfast show with Martin Bester, Joseph highlighted that prudence said yes.
Joseph was shocked during the interview that sponsors and callers started calling in to offer their services.
Here is the list of sponsors far:
- A dress by Cinderella Corner
- An engagement ring by MisterK Jewellery Manufacturers
- A suit by Herman Van Der Merwe
- Photography by House of Ru Photography
- Wedding invitations by Pulse Printing
- Catering by Creg, a colleague of Joseph’s
- Flowers by Isabel Nel Wild Flower Art
- Ante-Nuptial Contract by Finlay and Niemayer Attorneys
- A wedding cake by Lovit Bakery
- Nails by Charne Lubbe
- A first dance, routine by La Danza Studio
- A sponsored vehicle for the wedding Contrasol
- Thank you gifts by Hanri
- R5000 cash by the radio stations listener (Ben)
- A cabin on the loveboat for their honeymoon