Cape Town is known for having some of the country’s most coveted properties, and if you have R9 500 000 lying about, you could own one as well. Greeff Properties recently listed a four-bedroom eco-friendly home in Hout Bay that is a nature lover’s dream.
“An awe-inspiring home blending into the mountainside, situated below Skoorsteenkop in Hout Bay. This unique masterpiece captures dramatic mountain views of the valley, the back of Table Mountain through to The Sentinel. This home is one of three properties situated in this access controlled estate,” the Greeff site reads.
“This eco-house has been made with love from owner-sourced sustainable woods and merges perfectly into the rocky hillside. The large windows used throughout give amazing natural light to this home and adds such character.”
The house features three storeys, with a ground level, first level, and second level. Here is what you can find on each of the floors:
– Automatic double garage with extra space for storage
– One bedroom flatlet with separate entrance (not complete)
– Laundry-First level
– Guest toilet
– Open plan kitchen, bar counter, gas hob, and an electric oven with USB ports in countertops
– Large open plan dining area
– Spacious lounge area
– All the living areas give access to the wrap-around deck through large glass sliding doors giving breathtaking entertainment areas
– Four bedrooms main en-suite and a full family bathroom
– The main bedroom offers tranquillity and opens to the eco pool and koi pond
– A further two bedrooms lead onto the deck and eco pool
– An upstairs loft area comprising of two decks offers space for a TV lounge, study or hobby room and one can walk onto the mountain.
Some of the other features of the house include:
– Eco nature lap pool
– Large koi ponds which blend into the mountainside
– Alarmed and beams
– The property is fenced with sensor lights and cameras
– Double volume ceilings throughout