Gorgeous scenery, the warm tones of the sun waving goodbye and a road race sounds like a pretty sweet deal for those seeking an evening adventure. If you’re keen on switching up your plans and looking to put ‘Netflix and chill’ on pause, there’s an awesome event lined up.
Grab your running shoes for a night on the town at The Crazy Store’s Lighthouse Ten Night Race! This 10km night run is expected to be ‘the best race yet’, allowing runners the opportunity to enjoy the scenic setting sun against the Atlantic Ocean.
The 10km route will begin opposite the Winchester Mansions on Beach Road, Sea Point and follows the Sea Point Promenade to create a gently looping road race.
The first 500 entrants will each receive a branded Crazy Store water bottle upon ticket collection and all finishers will receive a branded Crazy Store multi-functional face scarf upon completion of the race. There are also 1st, 2nd and 3rd place cash prizes for each age category ranging from R250 – R1000!
Collections of number cards will take place on Sunday, 6 March from 10am – 4pm at Tyger Valley Shopping Centre, False Bay Rugby Club – Club House close to Virgin Active and WPA Offices – Cape Town Athletics Track ahead of the race.
Entries and collections on race day will not be accepted, so make sure that you enter online before Sunday, 27 February (midnight).
- Date: Wednesday, 9 March 2022
- Time: 10km Male – 6:30pm; 10km Female 6:45pm.
- Cost: 10km Senior Licensed athletes R100, 10km Junior Licensed athletes R50; 10km Senior Unlicensed athletes R140 includes temporary license, 10km Junior Unlicensed athletes R75 includes temporary license
- Location: Beach Road, Sea Point, Opposite Winchester Mansions
- This is a carry-your-own water event. There will be one water refill station on the route and Coca-Cola and water at the finish area of the event. There will be no water sachets.
- Purchase your tickets online here.
- Visit www.topevents.co.za for more information.
Picture: faldi_samaai / Instagram