From brilliant aerial photographs of humpback whales gracing the West Coast to secret caves worth exploring in the Cape, here are our top 10 stories for the week.
10.Humpback whales were spotted from above, and the photos will make you want to whip out your kayaks and cameras to see them!
9.A Stellenbosch student who was attacked at gunpoint and managed to escape an attempted rape incident, shared her story.
8.Rebel Wilson took on the notably hard to imitate Afrikaans accent, and locals weighed in.
7. The wild weathers of the Cape are back, and Montagu saw the brunt of them.
6. In a throwback glance, we turned our gaze towards an amazing moment whereby Cape Leopards were spotted earlier this year.
5.Groote Schuur nurses found themselves in a hearsay situation regarding a patient who claimed mistreatment by the staff.
4.A Cape Town resident’s story went viral after they were allegedly denied a lease due to the landlord being ‘race specific’
3. If you’ve ever wanted to curl up in a cave and hide away from the world, here are some secret caves worth your gaze.
2. Is that Cape Town? This photo-series will have you feeling oddly nostalgic for a time you probably didn’t see – unless you’re 100 or older.
1. A mermaid made an appearance in Kalk Bay as part of Garden Week celebrations and people adored it.
Picture: Pinterest/ buggy and buddy