Home Affairs comes with good tidings thanks to the news that it will be extending its operating hours from today, 30 June.
As anyone who works a 9-5 job knows, the usual hours of Home Affairs (which usually close at 3:30pm in Cape Town) aren’t exactly workable.
In an effort to meet the demand of those looking to get their affairs in order these winter holidays, Home Affairs’ Minister Dr Aaron Motsoaledi has announced the approval of operational hours extension.
Home affairs working hours will be extended to 6pm until 15 July this year in line with the winter holidays.
However, it’s not a come one, come all situation. The statement expresses that “this is only for the application and collection of Smart ID Cards and Passports.”
The extended hours were spurred by the need to meet the demand for services during this winter holiday period, especially for those in application procedures for various documents relating to their children.
“We will ensure that every client that is inside these selected offices at the time of closing receives services,” added Minister Motsoaledi.
The new hours, the department emphasises, are not relevant to weekends.
The department has encouraged that the Branch Appointment Booking System be utilised to schedule visits.
Where will the new hours come into effect in and around Cape Town?
- Address: Thusong Centre, Atlantis
- Address: MPCC, 3 de Vries, Beaufort West
- Address: ABSA Bld, Voortrekker Road, bellville
- Address: Cnr of Ou Meule & Long Street, Bredasdorp
- Address: Joel- Bld, Caledon
- Address: 56 Barrack Street, Fair Cape Bld, Cape Town, 8000
- Address: Bella Vista, Ceres
- Address: 109 York Street, George
- Address: Old Clinic Building, Old Cape Road, Grabouw, Western Cape
- Address: C/O Tsolo and Mzala Street, Khayelitsha
- Address: 5 Piet Retief Street, Malmesbury
- Address: Alpha Street, Mitchell’s Plain
- Address: 108 Adriaan Street, Asal Park, Mosselbay
- Address: Nontsumpa Bld, c/o Miller and New Eisleben Road, Nyanga
- Address: 73 Dassie Road, Bridgeton, Oudtshoorn
- Address: C/O Castle Street & BergRiver Boulevard
- Address: Simunye Centre, Plettenberg Bay
- Address: 1 Adderly Street, Prince Albert TSC
- Address: Cnr Wesley and Peddy Street, Robertson, 6705
- Address: 117 Main Road, Standard Bank Building, Somerset West, 7130
- Address: Reynecke Street, Stellenbosch, Western Cape
- Address: 10 Main St, Vredenburg
- Address: Hoerskool Street, Vredendal
- Address: 71-73 Adderly Street, Worcester
- Address: Maynard Mall, Wynberg
Standard Bank – Canal Walk
Address: SHOP 599, Upper level, Canal Walk Shopping Center, Century City, Milnerton, 7441