KFC South Africa is making it easier for customers to access their much-loved fried chicken meals after launching Chat Commerce. This chat-ordering platform allows hungry customers to place an order via the popular messaging service, WhatsApp.
Tired of the same old thing? Well, KFC has joined the group fam💬🎉!
That’s right, dinner just got a whole lot tastier – simply click here https://t.co/qExIpj4HH6
WhatsApp “hi” and order your favs on WhatsApp. 🍗🍔🍟🤩
Click and collect only. Ts&Cs Apply. #KFCOnWhatsApp pic.twitter.com/cSzMswHx06
— KFC South Africa (@KFCSA) August 11, 2021
KFC SA digital and e-commerce director, Nicholas Duminy said: “As a consumer-led organisation, we understand the limitations that high data costs can pose in transacting online. WhatsApp, with its lower data use, is the perfect channel to mitigate this. Connecting with, and catering to, the youth market has always been a top priority. The KFC chat-ordering channel is a great way to do this innovatively.”
“For the first time ever in South Africa, you can discuss what you want for dinner with your friends, and then on the same channel, place your KFC order. It all happens on WhatsApp and with payment options coming to this channel soon too, provides convenience like never before,” he added as per BusinessTech.
Here’s how to get started:
- Save the number 087 153 1074 to your phone, or send a message to the KFC chat line by clicking on the link. You might need to scan a QR code.
- Type ‘Hi’ to get the ball rolling.
- Select your order through texting replies that respond to questions asked (by replying with a number, a word or an emoji).
- Select the KFC restaurant you want to collect from.
- Pay at the selected store, however, customers will soon have the option to pay securely via WhatsApp.
- Collect your order.
According to The Citizen, this service is currently only available for Click and Collect.