Every now and then, one simply has to dedicate an evening to celebrating Cape Town’s insane cocktail scene. Sure, we love a classic, but we’re down to get down with some of the most talented mixologists around — right here in the Mother City. From glitter to gold leaf and gadgets, we’re gearing up for a deliciously boozy cocktail extravaganza.
Here are ten wondrously unique cocktails to try in Cape Town.
From: Fable, Cape Town CBD
1. The Flying Dutchman: fynbos gin, honey, passionfruit, pineapple, carrot, lemon.
2. The Trickster: whisky, white cacao, cranberry, buchu, lemon, smoke.
From: Cause|Effect, V&A Waterfront
3. Hot Singleton Spice: Singleton 12-year-old, vermouth, lemon, nutmeg, cinnamon, orange, coffee.
4. Table Mountain: Joseph Barry VS, fynbos bitters, rooibos, mint, citrus, soda.
From: Burger&Lobster, Cape Town CBD
5. Lobster Martini: vodka, pineapple juice, passionfruit puree, pomegranate, lime and fluffy stuff, Cinzano Pro Spritz.
6. Bacon and Maple Old Fashioned: Bourbon, bacon, maple syrup, bitters, bacon crisp.
From: Grand Pavilion, Sea Point
7. Bird of Paradise: gin, raspberry liqueur, coconut milk, orange blossom water.
8. Tequila Tiki: tequila, falernum syrup, litchi, pineapple.
From: Chinchilla, Camps Bay
9. White Peach Fizz: gin, peach syrup, lemon juice, soda. orange vanilla bitters
10. Watermelon Mint G&T: gin, fresh watermelon, ginger, tonic.
Picture: Grand Pavilion / Instagram