It’s spooky season and we’re here to spill on the Halloween thrills in and around the Mother City. Get your costume ready, grab your friend who’s been waiting for Halloween since Christmas and get ghosting (just not in the relationship sense). We have some memory-makers here that everyone can enjoy, from the littlest pumpkin to the oldest ghoul.
For the thrills that the whole Adams family and all your spooky friends can enjoy
Halloween Night Market
Night on the Square is hosting a Halloween night market in Greenmarket Square, where you can enjoy scrumptious street food, buzzing live music and shop till you drop (cue spooky ghost laugh).
- Where: Greenmarket Square
- When: 30 October | 17:00-23:00
Papa Paul’s Halloween Party
At the gorgeous 12 Apostles Hotel & Spa there’s a scary scavenger hunt and Halloween-themed adventure awaiting those who dare. Navigating a ‘scary’ forest, little pumpkin participants and older ‘spookies’ will embark on a clue-debunking journey, all through battling spiders, bats, skeletons and witches. Prizes are to be won, Halloween-esque clothing is to be rocked, and kids and parents having a fun-loving Halloween bash guaranteed.
- Where:12 Apostles Hotel & Spa, Victoria Street, Camps Bay, Cape Town
- When: October 30 | 17:00
- Tickets: Quicket | R595
Halloween trail run
Hiking takes a Halloween twist as you explore the breathtakingly beautiful D’Aria Wine Estate on foot in their Halloween get-up. The Halloween-loving trailblazers will hit 5 and 10km hikes, so even amateur hikers won’t call the endurance of the hike too frightening.
- When: 31 to 31 October 2021 (Registration 6am | Race starts 7.30am)
- Where: D’Aria Winery, M13 Tygerberg Valley Rd, Durbanville, Cape Town
- Tickets: EntryNinja | From R140
Panic Rooms! Escape before time runs out
If the thrill of an escape room fuelled with challenges sounds like your kind of thriller, HintHunt can guarantee you a Halloween experience like no other. Put your problem-solving boots on, join a team or embark lone-wolf and say ‘awhoo’ as you solve puzzles and riddles to conquer the mission and escape. You can pick your challenge: solving the mystery of heirloom jewels on a shipwreck, the disappearance of a prominent author in a hotel and breaking a curse by surviving voodoo magic and ancient spells. What a time to be alive!
- When: October 30-31 | Times up to you
- Where: HintHunt, The Watershed 17 Dock Road
- Tickets: [email protected] | R590 – R2120 dependent on package
For the older ghosts and party-monsters
- So Happy Halloween 2021 at Grand Africa
- When: October 30
- Where: Grand Africa Cafe & Beach | 17:00
- Tickets: Howler
Sea Monster Crusie
Brace the waters and cruise in spooky style as you brace the waters on a Halloween-themed adventure. This sail will be a combination of a music festival and a circuit party, so invite your inner sea monster to come out and play. Best dressed awards are up for the naughtiest nautical at sea.
- When: October 30 12 | 12:00- 17:00
- Where: Sea Princess, Waterfront Charters
- Venue: Opposite Sevruga, V&A Waterfront, 19 Dock Rd, Cape Town
Tickets: Waterfront Charters | R800 to R8000
The Ring, Halloween Special Screening
The classic Galileo Open Air Cinema is taking a twist for the bliss in creepy fashion, and anyone who loves horror movies will get goosebumps in anticipation of this event. A special screening of The Ring, the story of a young journalist investigating the death of her niece through mysterious video tapes that murder its brave watchers, awaits your suspense.
- When: October 31 | Doors open 18:00
- Where: Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Rhodes Dr, Newlands, Cape Town
- Tickets: The Galileo | R190
Creep it Real Dress-up Party
- When : October 30 17:00-23:00
- Where: The Daisy Jones Bar, Summerhill Wines, R44, Stellenbosch
- Tickets: R120 | R150 at the door