A legend in classical music with over 100 albums and 19 Grammy® Awards, cellist Yo-Yo Ma makes his long-awaited South African debut at Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden on Saturday, 8 February at 7pm. Mr Ma will perform Johann Sebastian Bach’s Six Suites for Unaccompanied Cello without interval; his visit to Cape Town is part of his global Bach Project, presented locally by Showtime Management.
In August 2018, Yo-Yo Ma began the Bach Project, a two-year journey to play Johann Sebastian Bach’s six suites for solo cello thirty-six times on six continents. Since the project began, Yo-Yo has performed this extraordinary music in iconic locations including the Odeon of Herodes Atticus on the Acropolis in Athens and the ancient Huaca Pucllana in Lima. Alongside each concert, Mr Ma and his team partner with artists and culture makers, cultural and community organizations, and leaders from across sectors to design conversations, collaborations, and performances. Together with the concerts, these “days of action” invite us all to think differently about the role of culture in society, exploring and celebrating all the ways that culture makes us stronger as individuals, as communities, as a society and as a planet. Yo-Yo Ma has taken the Bach Project across the globe — and next month he brings the Project’s mix of performance, conversation, and cultural action to Cape Town.
To discover more about Yo-Yo Ma and the Bach Project, go to https://www.yo-yoma.com/ or follow #CultureConnectsUs online.
Two lucky readers will each win a set of double tickets to see nineteen time Grammy® Award winning cellist Yo-Yo Ma, perform Johann Sebastian Bach’s Six Suites for Unaccompanied Cello in without interval as part of the international Bach Project. Show begins at 7pm, Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden, 8 February, 2020. Congratulations Debbie de Bastos and Gerna Swart!
How to enter:
Fill out the form below and answer the following question. What is the name of Yo-Yo Ma’s project?
Competition Ts & Cs:
– The winners will be announced by 8.15am on December 3.
– Winners will be contacted via details provided on the form.
– Winners are required to claim their prize within one week or another winner will be drawn
– Prizes are not refundable and cannot be exchanged for money
– No transport is included.
– Tickets are only valid for the specified date and performance time and may not be upgraded or exchanged for cash.
– The prize comprises of one set of double show tickets only.
– We are unable to assist with bookings for additional tickets which may be purchased direct fro Webitickets.
– Tickets will be emailed to the prize winner. Tickets must be printed by the prize-winner and presented at the venue security access point in order to allow access to the show.
– The prize is not transferable.
– Lost tickets will not be replaced.
By entering this competition the prize winner accepts the terms and conditions.