Whether you frequent Beluga Restaurant or not, there are a number of unique things you may or may not know about this respectable establishment. In preparation for your next visit to this emporium of all things seafood, here are a few things you need to know about this trendy spot.
1. Beluga Restaurant was established in 2000, this means that Beluga is turning 20 this year. Fun fact: This year (2020) is a century since the end of prohibition in 1920. I’d say that’s cause for a grand celebration.
2. Beluga is famous for their sushi, dim sum and cocktails – guests live for the daily sushi special. But Beluga also has a fully operational (Halaal friendly) hot kitchen serving delectable dishes of curries, meat, poultry, seafood, platters, Vegan options and more.
3. Since new ownership in 2017, there have been three exciting events to highlight the new changes. The Relaunch in 2017, the Exclusive Whisky Members Lounge in 2018 and most recently the Menu Relaunch in 2019. I wonder what they have planned for their 20 year celebration?
4. The new owners added a funky, fresh vibe to the music scene with Live Music played every Saturday and Sunday from 1pm to 4pm – perfectly aligned with their sushi and cocktail special. Cape Town weekends don’t get better than that.
5. Beluga has one of the biggest whisky collections in the Western Cape. Supplemented by the Whisky Lounge membership, you can enjoy monthly events, exclusive pairings and great discounts – all you need to do is purchase an exclusive locker to enjoy the benefits.
6.Centrally located and a stone’s throw away from the V&A Waterfront, Beluga is perfect for private business lunches out of the hustle and bustle of the surrounding area. With free, uncapped WI-FI use and private dining areas – what more could you want?
7. There are 7 ice-cold beers on tap at Beluga’s bar, an extensive craft beer list and two fully DSTV enabled TV’s. Watch your favourite Rugby game or Tennis match in style and enjoy the comfort of knowing your every need is covered.
8. Beluga has daily drink specials (Monday-Friday) to live for and perfect for bypassing the daily traffic grind from the CBD. Whatever your favourite drink is, there will be a day to celebrate it. Besides, who doesn’t love a good 2-for-1 deal.
Contact: 021 418 2948
Address: 70 Prestwich St, De Waterkant, Cape Town, 8005