The City of Cape Town (COCT) has urged residents to remain patient as the necessary routine maintenance of electrical infrastructure continues from Monday, 2 May until Sunday the 8th.
According to a statement by the COCT, regular planned maintenance takes place daily in various areas across the metro.
“The City informs residents that maintenance will take place to allow them time to plan for the outage and to allow our teams sufficient time to complete the required maintenance tasks. Routine maintenance is also preceded by a door-to-door pamphlet drop,” the COCT said.
The areas that will be affected by the routine electricity supply interruptions due to necessary maintenance are:
Information is complete and correct at the time of publication, but subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen conditions.
- Please switch off appliances at the wall socket ahead of maintenance to reduce the risk of damage caused by power surges.
- The supply could be restored at any time, therefore residents should remember to treat all electrical installations as live for the full duration of the interruption.
- Planned maintenance takes place during Eskom’s loadshedding
- City’s service channels:
Call Centre: 0860 103 089
- SMS: 31220 (standard charges apply)
- Online: www.capetown.gov.za/servicerequests