The Western Cape government reported 40 718 active COVID-19 infections, 479 519 confirmed cases and 421 041 recoveries, as of Wednesday, August 25.
1/2 📢Update on the coronavirus and vaccines
As at 1pm on 25 August 2021, the Western Cape had 40 718 active COVID-19 infections, with a total number 479 519 COVID-19 cases to date and 421 041 recoveries.
— Premier Alan Winde (@alanwinde) August 25, 2021
Western Cape’s COVID-19 statistics:
- Total number of COVID-19 cases to date 479 519
- Total recoveries 421 041
- Total deaths 17 760
- Total active cases (currently infected patients) 40 718
- Tests conducted 2 234 752
- Hospitalisations (private and public combined) 3701 of which 707 are in high care or ICU
A total of 1 781 382 vaccines have already been administered to healthcare workers, staff in the education sector and those within eligible age brackets. The current COVID-19 related death toll stands at 17 760, as 90 deaths are reported per day.
Meanwhile, the Western Cape government is continuing to make strides in its vaccine programme, having administered 1.78 million vaccines to date.
Premier Alan Winde also indicated that the local government is committed to ensuring that no person is left behind and that all residents have the opportunity to be vaccinated in a safe and conveniently located setting.
- Visit https://vaccine.enroll.health.gov.za
- Dial *134*832# and follow the prompts (FREE on all South African Networks)
- WhatsApp the word REGISTER to 0600 123456