The Galileo Open Air Cinema’s screenings offer unique entertainment for both locals and tourists, as well as an opportunity to take advantage of Cape Town’s beautiful locations and vistas.
Before this Galileo season ends, don’t miss the chance to experience an evening of delicious food, movie magic and enchanting ambience under a canopy of stars. Here is the movie lineup for the remainder of the season:
Also read: Dreamy Winelands screenings with the Galileo Open Air Cinema
On weekdays, movies are shown at Kirstenbosch Garden, and on some Fridays, they are shown at Central Park in Century City. On some Sundays, the screenings happen at a brand-new location, the famous Six Gun Grill at Newlands Cricket Stadium.
Perfect for weekend Wineland’s adventures, various Western Cape wine estates will serve as venues for Saturday screenings, showcasing the beautiful backdrops of Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl and Franschhoek.
- Thursday 16 March: Top Gun: Maverick | Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
- Friday 17 March: Grease | Central Park | Book
- Saturday 18 March: Pretty Woman | Plaisir Wine Estate | Book
- Monday 20 March: Toy Story | Kirstenbosch | Book
- Wednesday 22 March: The Perks of Being a Wallflower | Kirstenbosch | Book
- Thursday 23 March: Elvis | Kirstenbosch | Book
- Saturday 25 March: A Good Year | Clenelly Estate | Book
- Wednesday 29 March: Ticket to Paradise | Kirstenbosch | Book
- Thursday 30 March: Last Night in Soho | Kirstenbosch | Book
- Friday 31 March: Ghostbusters Afterlife | Kirstenbosch | Book
- Saturday 1 April: Notting Hill | Laborie Estate | Book
- Wednesday 5 April: TBC
- Thursday 6 April: Crazy Stupid Love | Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
- Friday 7 April: The Lost City Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
- Saturday 8 April: About Time | Stellenbosch Vineyards | Book
- Sunday 9 April: The Rise of the Guardians | Six Gun Grill Newlands Cricket Stadium | Book
- Wednesday 12 April: Marry Me | Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
- Thursday 13 April: The Batman | Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
- Friday 14 April: Real Rock 17 | Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
- Saturday 15 April: Grease | Rhebokskloof Wine Estate | Book
- Wednesday 19 April: The Lord of the Rings | Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
- Thursday 20 April: Bullet Train | Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
- Friday 21 April: Cruella | Central Parl | Book
- Saturday 22 April: The Vow | Waterford Estate | Book
- Tuesday 25 April: Footloose | Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
- Wednesday 26 April: Breakfast at Tiffany’s | Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
- Saturday 29 April: Mamma Mia! | Lourensford Wine Estate | Book
- Sunday 30 April: The Incredibles 2 | Kirstenbosch Garden | Book
Bring a picnic or come hungry to enjoy a pre-movie meal prepared by local artisanal food vendors. Delicious pizza, juicy burgers, wraps, popcorn and other tasty snacks will be served.
Arrive early, choose a spot on the lush lawns, and enjoy an evening of delicious food, refreshing beverages, entertainment and an overall great vibe.
- Tickets: Buy tickets
- Weekday times: Gates open at 6pm | Movie starts after sunset
- Weekend times: Gates open at 5pm | Movie starts after sunset
- Contact: 071 471 8728 | [email protected]
- Website: thegalileo.co.za
Picture: The Galileo Open Air Cinema / Facebook