Who doesn’t love strolling down one of the “coolest streets on the planet” and enjoying the sights and smells of all those amazing restaurants?
According to Time Out, Kloof Street’s versatility and its incredible atmosphere were more than enough to snag it a spot on their “coolest” list.
From date nights to brunch, here are five amazing spots to indulge in something delicious:
Sometimes all you need to ensure you have a good day is to eat a delicious meal while surrounded by greenery. Our Local is an antique shop, nursery and café all rolled into one with great breakfast, lunch, and supper meal options to suit your fancy.
- What it’s good for: Great place to catch up with a friend or work remotely
- Location: 17 Kloof Street
Good food and an incredible ambience are what you’ll get when visiting this popular restaurant. Asoka is not only famous for its affordability factor (a dinner special for R225, yes please) but the space provides a mysterious yet middle eastern vibe that will leave you coming back for more.
- What it’s great for: Its moody atmosphere ensures it’s the perfect place for a romantic night out or just a cool girls’/guys night pre-game.
- Location: 68 Kloof Street
The Wolf House:
The Wolf House has an incredible view of Table Mountain and its rooftop seating area is the ideal spot to enjoy this picture-perfect view. The restaurant serves mouth-watering burgers with their Chic Chic and The Cheesy burgers being winners, but don’t forget to check out their pizzas and wings.
- What it’s great for: Great for after-work drinks and sunset views with friends.
- Location: 62 Kloof Street
The Poké Co:
Healthy and oh-so-delicious meals are just an order away when you visit The Poké Co on Kloof Street. This aesthetically pleasing restaurant utilises fresh and ethically-sourced ingredients that are good for your taste buds and for your body. Build your own bowl or try some of their popular options, including their Leeward (salmon sashimi) and Garden Gate (marinated tofu).
- What it’s great for: It’s a wonderful spot for lunch and health-conscious individuals.
- Location: 47 Kloof Street
Black Sheep is a contemporary space that provides a modern twist on authentic dishes from Cape Town. Tuck into one of their many exciting dishes, including seared Marlin, pork broth ramen or grilled kudu loin as you revel at the beauty of Table Mountain. There’s literally something on the menu for everyone!
- What it’s great for: Date night or a unique culinary experience with all your friends.
- Location: 104 Kloof Street