People are not happy about Coca Cola’s ‘new and improved formula’. A highjacking saw a somewhat positive turn after a baby who was taken alongside a car in Observatory was reunited with his mother. A popular Cape Town restaurant faced the internet’s fury following allegedly turning down a woman entry due to her ‘dress code.’ Take a peak at our top ten most read stories for the week:
10. In the basement of an office block in Cape Town’s CBD, hefty quantities of ammunition were discovered by the police.
Large quantity of ammunition discovered in a Cape Town office
9. 100 bodies were discovered in a truck on the N2 near Somerset West.
8. After a hijacking, a baby who was taken alongside a car in Observatory was reunited with his mother.
7. Coke Zero changed it’s formula, and people are not happy about it.
Public outraged by Coke’s “new and improved” Zero Sugar beverage
6. A Reddit user sparked an all-important conversation: Are Capetonians cliquey?
5. A popular Cape Town restaurant faced the internet’s fury after a woman was turned away due to their ‘dress-code’.
4. Escaping the city might be on your to-do list, and if it is, people are loving these secluded getaways.
5 Secluded getaways near Cape Town that we can’t get enough of
3. Coming in at number 3, the government is aiming to build a new South African city for the first time in decades.
Government aims to build South Africa’s first new city since 1994
2. Woolworths reusable shopping bags vs. South Africans who keep for getting them. What can we do?
1. At number one, the ‘Cabbage Bandit’ is facing jail time for growing food on his front lawn to feed the hungry.
‘Cabbage Bandit’ faces jail time for planting crops in his front yard
Picture:Twitter / @erickhill