The Noordhoek Great Food and Wine Walk is the group getaway that you and your friends never knew you needed, nestled between towering peaks and the beautiful Atlantic Ocean, this is an experience that will blow you away from start to finish. The base camp for this spectacular getaway is the four-star Noordhoek Village Hotel, so you’ll be returning to luxury comfort and style after your jam-packed days of living the Noordhoek best life.
Oysters and champagne on arrival, candlelit sushi dinner around the pool, drinks in the Burrow Basement Gin Bar, lunch at The Toad, dinner at The Foodbarn Restaurant, coffees from The Roost and dessert from Kirsten’s Kick Ass Ice Cream are only some of the spoils you can expect on this trip.
Make sure to bring your dancing shoes as you’ll get to experience some of South Africa’s best live music at Café Roux, a cornerstone of the Noordhoek Village community.
This is a group trip that caters for groups of 14 or more, perfect for a reunion or even just an excuse to get the gang together over three days of great food, tourism and fun.
All food and activities happen in the village so there’s no need for driving anywhere. You can park your car at the hotel and forget about it for a few days.
This trip is not all about food and wine, there’s some exercise and nature appreciation involved too, and it’s definitely not something you’d want to miss out on in this idyllic part of Cape. You’ll be walking up to St James and Kalk Bay Peaks to look for schools of dolphins feeding in False Bay, and then onto Chapman’s Peak and down to cover the vast expanse of Noordhoek beach to Kommetjie. All transfers and snacks are included, along with experienced guides to keep you safe and informed on the track.
There aren’t specific dates set for this getaway. The trip can be booked through Buttonquail Trails and arranged according to hotel availability and your convenience. Here’s a rough idea of what your itinerary might look like:
- 14:00: Arrive at Noordhoek Hotel, check-in and unpack
- 17:00: Meet the in the courtyard for a welcome glass of bubbly and delicious fresh oysters
- 19:00: Candlelit poolside dinner from Village Sushi followed by a nightcap in The Burrow Basement Gin Bar
- 07:00: Breakfast, tea and coffee in the hotel
- 07:30: Transfer arrives to collect for 12km Silvermine east loop
- 13:00: Lunch at The Toad in the Village
- 18:00: Off to a Franck Dangereux designed gourmet dinner
- 07:00: Breakfast and coffee in the hotel
- 08:00: Beach walk from the Noordhoek Village Hotel to Kommetjie
- 11:00: Coffee at The Roost
- 2 people per room sharing.
- 3 sleeper is available but needs to be arranged prior to arrival.
- Each room has its own bathroom.
- The Noordhoek Village Hotel is a 4-star hotel located in the vibrant Noordhoek Farm Village.
Food and wine
- All meals and accommodation are included in the price
- The glass or 2 of champagne on arrival is complementary and also the nightcap in the Burrow Basement Bar
- A bar tab will be run for each person which they can settle when they check out, however, drinks at the Foodbarn need to be settled on the night
- All restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel so it’s all very convenient
- All drinks are for your own account
- From R2375 per night per person
- Minimum 14 people and subject to availability at the hotel
- Minimum 2-night stay
- Massages are available at your own expense
For bookings contact Buttonquail Trails:
Picture: Cape Nature Walks