The Western Cape Education Department (WCED) announced that parents and caregivers have until 15 April to apply for the 2023 school year.
According to the WCED, over 90 000 people have registered their children thus far, of which, 43 000 are for Grade 8 enrolment.
“We want to thank all those that have applied timeously and appeal to others that wish to apply for the next school year, to do so by 15 April 2022.
“Applying after this date could affect their choice of placement and it will affect our planning,” the department said.
The WCED said the admissions website is a FREE service, that is zero-rated, however, it understands that some parents are restricted in terms of accessibility to equipment.
“That is why the WCED has arranged for parents to apply via our district offices or the pop-ups by the WCED at shopping malls and schools,” the department indicated.
Parents can apply for:
- Grade R
- Grade 1 and 8
- A transfer request for learners in Grades 2-7 and Grades 9-12.
- The last official school Report Card
- ID, Birth certificate, passport of the learner; or
- A study permit (foreign learners)
- Proof of application (study permit)
- Immunisation card (Road to Health Chart) (Primary Schools Only)
- Proof of Residence (Rates account, Lease agreement, an affidavit confirming residence). Note: Retail statements and bank statements are not accepted.