If you are into the SA hip-hop scene, you are bound to be familiar with this force, or if you follow news and blogs you may associate AKA– real name Kiernan Jarryd – Forbes with trending stories (some pretty controversial).
The 28-year-old rapper who is voluble on the streets of Twitter has been out of the action on the music scene since his last EP Bhovamania in 2020.
The Cape Town-born star was in the spotlight last year following his fiance’s death. Anele “Nellie” Tembe fell to her demise at Pepperclub Hotel in Central Cape Town.
AKA’s comeback to the music scene has been strong reminding Mzanzi of the powerhouse he is when it comes to local rap music.
His collaboration with Nasty C (Nsikayesizwe David Junior Ngcobo) has taken the scene by storm.
Four days after the release of ‘Lemons (Lemonade)’, it seems people cannot stop talking about the track.
Checkout AKA and Nasty C perform Lemons (Lemonade) in the TikTok below:
@natelyrics_sa NASTY C X AKA – LEMONADE #nastyc #aka #lemonade #lyrics @Nasty_CSA @akaworldwide ♬ original sound – NateLyrics_SA
Don’t take our word for it. Read comments from other social platforms below:
- ‘Lemonade’ has been met with buoyant comments on YouTube and social media.
- “You’ll wake up to a 1 000 000 views believe that. You’re the GOAT and you deserve it.”
- “Let’s Give @akaworldwidehis flower! He deserves it. The man been in the game and cooking hits . He’s the G, the goat #sahiphop”
- “AKA is definitely scoping all the awards with this one… Nasty C too smooth …NEVER DISAPPOINTS”
- “I never expected such a collab. Happy to see Mega eating , Nasty also did his tings! When fire meets lightning”
While fans are going insane over the song, fellow artists have taken offence to AKA’s lyrics in the track.
“Thank God they showed they true colours – Switched up piano like Vultures”
Could he be referring to the longtime nemesis, Cassper Nyovest?
Nyovest dropped and featured in a few “Amapiano” songs. The jury is still out on that one.
We will be here for the comeback.
Picture: akaworldwide / Instagram